Featured Press Releases
Latest Press Releases
Friday, 09 September 2022
Sunday, 04 September 2022
- Friday, 12 August 2022 Philippine Embassy Attends Filipino Community Outreach Activity
- Friday, 29 July 2022 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EMBASSY-ON-WHEELS FOR THE REST OF FY 2022
- Tuesday, 26 July 2022 Philippine Embassy Outreach Delivers Consular and Other Government Services in Buraidah Al Qassim Region of Saudi Arabia
- Monday, 18 July 2022 Advisory on the unauthorized use of the Philippine Embassy seal, coat of arms, and photographs and persons and entities claiming association with the embassy and its partner agencies
- Saturday, 02 July 2022 Embassy Closure on 10 to 14 July 2022
- Thursday, 23 June 2022 Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia Hosts Filipino Community Night in celebration of the 124th Anniversary of Independence Day
- Thursday, 23 June 2022 Philippine Embassy in Riyadh Celebrates 124th Anniversary of Philippine Independence
- Wednesday, 15 June 2022 ADVISORY ON THE NON-ACCEPTANCE OF MANUALLY EXTENDED PASSPORTS
- Saturday, 11 June 2022 Philippine Embassy Inaugurates Multipurpose Building in Riyadh
- Thursday, 02 June 2022 SUSPENSION OF PASSPORT RELEASING AT THE EMBASSY
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Beginning 30 May 2022, Fully-Vaccinated and Boosted ForeignNationals may enter the Philippines without a RT-PCR test
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Beginning 30 May 2022, Fully-Vaccinated and Boosted Filipino Nationals may enter the Philippines without a RT-PCR test
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Philippine Embassy in Riyadh Multipurpose Building Architects and Engineers
Announcements and Notices
Friday, 29 July 2022
Sunday, 03 October 2021
14 August 2014
Philippine Embassy Outreach Extends
1,222 Consular Services in Al Khobar
(Riyadh, 13 July 2014) – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh successfully held its consular outreach mission or “Embassy on Wheels” (EOW) at the Al Jazeera International School in Dammam in the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia on 08-09 August 2014.
The five-member EOW team, which was headed by Vice Consul Redentor D. Genotiva was able to process 484 passport applications, 239 notarial services, 16 birth registrations, 48 passport extensions, and 435 claimed new passports.
As part of the Embassy’s program to improve customer service, the team conducted a client feedback survey to 500 clients, of which 37% responded as follows:
The next consular outreach mission will be on 22-23 August 2014 in Al Khobar.
CFO Opens Nominations for the
Migration Advocacy and Media (MAM) Awards 2014
(Riyadh, 11 August 2014) – The Philippine Embassy informs all Filipinos in the Kingdom that the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) is now accepting nominations for the Migration Advocacy and Media (MAM) Awards.
Created by the CFO in 2011, the MAM Awards aims to recognize the significant role of the media in information dissemination and advocacy of news and concerns related to migration and development.
Works made by Filipino individuals, government and private media outlets, institutions and practitioners in the fields of print, radio, movie and television, advertising and internet based in the Philippines and abroad are eligible for nomination to the awards. Entries must have raised public awareness on issues on Filipino migration, advocated the cause of Filipinos overseas, or/and promoted a positive image of Filipinos overseas.
Entries can be sent to compete in six (6) categories, such as:
- The Print Journalism Award (Best Print Media),
- The Radio Journalism Award (Best Radio Program),
- The Television Journal Award (Best Television Program – talk show, investigative journalism, TV special or documentary),
- The Film Media Award (Best Films and Videos – full length or documentary),
- The Interactive Media Award (Web-Based Publications), and;
- The Advertisement Award (Best Print, Radio or TV Commercial / Advertisements on issue concerning migration.)
PR -098 2014
VIGAN SUCCESSFULLY HURDLES FIRST PHASE OF ELIMINATION ROUND FOR THE NEW 7 WONDER – CITIES COMPETITION
Photo credit: www.vigan.gov.ph
The Philippine Embassy informs all Filipinos in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that Vigan, Ilocos Sur has been chosen as one of the 21 finalists in the Search for the New 7 Wonders – Cities competition. Vigan is the lone entry from the Philippines in the competition.
The online voting search had its first elimination round last 7 July 2014, wherein 21 Cities out of 1,200 cities from around 200 countries, were chosen to move on to the next part of the contest.
The Embassy urges all Filipinos to show our support and vote for Vigan by using the new SMS and international phone numbers below:
- For 1 vote, text VIGAN and send to 29290777 on all OFW SIM / Philippine SIM cards;
- For 10 votes, text VIGAN 10 and sent to 29290777 on all OFW SIM / Philippine SIM cards, or; or,
- For overseas telephone voting, dial any of the following international numbers and press 21 to vote for Vigan, Philippines:
+ 881821611990 + 88216101688
+ 447589975201 + 8821622774600
+ 8821622776600 + 34902735471
+ 447559121023 + 447559583500
Let us support Vigan. Its achievement will not only be for Ilocos Sur, but for the whole Philippines and all Filipinos around the world. (END)
Diplomatic Quarter, P.O. Box 94366 Riyadh 11693
Code +96611 Telephone: 482-3559 / 482-0507 / Fax: 488-3945