Featured Press Releases
Latest Press Releases
Friday, 09 September 2022
Sunday, 04 September 2022
- Friday, 12 August 2022 Philippine Embassy Attends Filipino Community Outreach Activity
- Friday, 29 July 2022 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EMBASSY-ON-WHEELS FOR THE REST OF FY 2022
- Tuesday, 26 July 2022 Philippine Embassy Outreach Delivers Consular and Other Government Services in Buraidah Al Qassim Region of Saudi Arabia
- Monday, 18 July 2022 Advisory on the unauthorized use of the Philippine Embassy seal, coat of arms, and photographs and persons and entities claiming association with the embassy and its partner agencies
- Saturday, 02 July 2022 Embassy Closure on 10 to 14 July 2022
- Thursday, 23 June 2022 Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia Hosts Filipino Community Night in celebration of the 124th Anniversary of Independence Day
- Thursday, 23 June 2022 Philippine Embassy in Riyadh Celebrates 124th Anniversary of Philippine Independence
- Wednesday, 15 June 2022 ADVISORY ON THE NON-ACCEPTANCE OF MANUALLY EXTENDED PASSPORTS
- Saturday, 11 June 2022 Philippine Embassy Inaugurates Multipurpose Building in Riyadh
- Thursday, 02 June 2022 SUSPENSION OF PASSPORT RELEASING AT THE EMBASSY
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Beginning 30 May 2022, Fully-Vaccinated and Boosted ForeignNationals may enter the Philippines without a RT-PCR test
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Beginning 30 May 2022, Fully-Vaccinated and Boosted Filipino Nationals may enter the Philippines without a RT-PCR test
- Tuesday, 31 May 2022 Philippine Embassy in Riyadh Multipurpose Building Architects and Engineers
Announcements and Notices
Friday, 29 July 2022
Sunday, 03 October 2021
Embassy Calls on Filipino Community in Saudi Arabia
to Help Prevent Spread of MERS-CoV by following
Existing Government Guidance for Prevention
(Riyadh, 9 May 2014) – To prevent the spread of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) among the Filipino community in the Kingdom, all Filipinos, especially Filipino healthcare workers in hospitals and other medical facilities, are urged to:
- Strictly follow the prevention techniques advised by the Saudi Ministry of Health and the Department of Health in the Philippines, specifically:
- Covering your mouth and nose with disposable tissues or with the upper part of your forearm when coughing or sneezing
- Washing hands properly, especially after coughing, sneezing and using toilets;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; and,
- Maintaining good hygiene and good fitness, and having adequate amounts of sleep, fluids and nutritious food to boost your body resistance.
The Embassy calls on all Filipinos to do their part in ensuring that their relatives and friends in the Philippines and in Saudi Arabia are not unduly infected by MERS-CoV, and also that the Philippines remains free of the virus. (END)
08 May 2014
Overseas Voting Registration Outreach in Dammam
9-10 May 2014
(Riyadh, 08 May 2014) – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh will conduct its first Overseas Voting Registration outreach mission at Al Jazeera International School in Dammam on 09 to 10 May 2014. The overseas voting registration outreach mission coincides with the Embassy-on-Wheels (EOW).
The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh will conduct its first Overseas Voting Registration outreach mission in the Eastern Province on 09 to 10 May 2014. The Overseas Voting Registration will coincide with the Embassy-on-Wheels (EOW) mission to be held at Al Jazeera International School in Dammam.
The Embassy will facilitate the following Overseas Voting applications:
- Registration – For qualified Filipinos who have yet to register as voter either in the Philippines or abroad;
- Certification – For Filipinos who have previously registered in the Philippines and will cast his vote in 2016 abroad;
- Transfer – For Filipinos who have previously registered as overseas voter but will cast his vote in a different address or jurisdiction abroad or in the Philippines; and,
- Other Overseas Voting services – Reinstatement as overseas voter, correction of wrong or misspelled entries, reactivation of registration records, change of address
Registration as overseas voter will allow qualified Filipinos to vote for President, Vice President, twelve (12) members of the Senate, and one (1) party-list representative during the National Elections in 2016. Registration as overseas voter will end on 31 October 2015.
Applicants must present a copy of their Philippine Passport or any other ID during application. END
08 May 2014
Overseas Voting Registration Starts in Riyadh
(Riyadh, 08 May 2014) – Registration for overseas voters for the 2016 Presidential Elections started at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh on 06 May 2014. A total of 141 applications for registration were facilitated by the Embassy on the first day.
Overseas voting applicants during the opening day.
Registration for overseas voters started at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh on 06 May 2014. Registration as overseas voter (OV) will allow qualified Filipinos to vote for the President, Vice President, twelve (12) Senators and one (1) party-list representative during the National Elections in 2016.
A total of 141 applications for registration were facilitated by the Embassy on its opening day. Registration for overseas voters will end on 31 October 2015.
Mr. Romel Almoza Devaras from Tacloban City was the first registrant.
The Embassy's first registrant, Mr. Romel Devaras with Vice Consul Angel Genotiva.
“I encourage all Filipinos to come to the Embassy or during our overseas voting outreach missions to register as overseas voter. The Embassy will go to Philippine schools, hospitals, jobsites and other places during its outreach missions so that even more Filipinos can register,” said Philippine Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Mr. Ezzedin H. Tago.
Registration for overseas voters is held at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh from Sunday through Thursday beginning at 8:00AM. Applicants must present a copy of their Philippine Passport or any other ID indicating their name for processing.
Registration will also be held during scheduled Embassy-on-Wheels (EOW) missions. The schedule of overseas voting outreach missions will also be announced as soon as arrangements are finalized. END.
04 May 2014
Philippine Ambassador Meets Emir of Riyadh
(Riyadh, 4 May 2014) Philippine Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Mr. Ezzedin Tago together with Minister and Consul General Marshall Louis Alferez met with the Emir of Riyadh Region HRH Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Abdul Aziz on 1 May 2014 at the Emir’s Office in Riyadh.
During the meeting, Ambassador Tago thanked the Emir for his office’s assistance in various cases of Filipinos, particularly for the Emir’s clemency for detained Filipinos in Riyadh Region.
Ambassador Tago, in extending appreciation to the authorities and officials in Riyadh, cited that a majority of Filipinos who corrected their status during the recent correction period were in Riyadh.
The two officials also discussed various issues related to the welfare of Filipinos in the Kingdom’s capital.