PR- 113 - 2017
Philippine Embassy Successfully Conducts 17th Overseas
Voting Outreach in Dhahran Eastern Province
on 8 - 9 September 2017
(Riyadh, 13 September 2017) – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh successfully conducted its 17th Overseas Voting (OV) Registration Outreach for 2017 on 08 - 09 September 2017 at the Double Tree Hotel in Dhahran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The OV team was composed of four personnel namely, Mr. Edgar V. Dizon, Mr. Rene D. Salazar, Mr. Johar H. Casad, and Ms. Gloria Jean Castaño - Zafra.
The two-day registration outreach was conducted in parallel with the Embassy-on-Wheels Consular Outreach headed by First Secretary and Consul Christopher Patrick T. Aro.
The OV Team was able to register:
- 126 new Registrations;
- 228 Certifications;
- 20 Reactivations;
- 1 Recapture of Biometrics;
- 2 Transfer of Records without biometrics;
- 4 Transfer of Records from Another Foreign Service Post;
- 3 Transfers within the Same Jurisdiction;
- 3 Corrections of Records; and
- 1 Reinstatement of Records
The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh continues to encourage Filipinos based in Riyadh and other regions in Saudi Arabia under its jurisdiction to register as Overseas Voters for the 2019 Elections until 30 September 2018 at the following venues:
- Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, Sunday to Thursday – 8:00 am until 5:00 pm; and
- during Overseas Voter Mobile Registrations to be held in parallel with scheduled Embassy-on-Wheels consular missions. (Please refer to the Embassy’s website for the schedule of Embassy-on-Wheels).
- 2nd Industrial City in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 18 September 2017; and
- Intercontinental Hotel, Jubail. on 22-23 September 2017, for applicants based in Jubail and Al Khafji.