24 April 2014
Start of Overseas Voting Registration
Pursuant to COMELEC Resolution No. 9843 dated 15 January 2014 and in preparation for the 2016 National Elections, all Filipino nationals in the Kingdom are invited to the Overseas Voting Registration to be held everyday during the following period:
6 May 2014 until 31 October 2015 .
A. Who may Register?
1. All Philippine citizens who are abroad or will be abroad during the thirty (30) day voting period, that is from 9 April 2016 to 9 May 2016;
2. Filipinos who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before 9 May 2016;
3. Seafarers (Ship Officers, Rating Manning Ships, Offshore Workers, Service Providers, Fishermen) who are in the Kingdom during the registration period.
B. Who May NOT Register?
1. Filipinos who are disqualified by law due to loss of citizenship, insanity or incompetence as certified by competent authority and those convicted by Philippine courts for an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one year.
2. Those who have previously registered as Overseas Voter.
Those who have registered previously in the Philippines are encouraged to come during the registration period for issuance of CERTIFICATION as Overseas Voter.
C. What to bring during registration?
1. Original or a photocopy of valid Philippine Passport
2. Iqama or Residence Permit
3. (For Seafarers) Photocopy of Seaman’s Book or any document to verify that the applicant is a seafarer.
D. Where to register?
1. Philippine Embassy Riyadh
2. Designated Field Registration Centers