Embassy to Extend and Revalidate Expired
or Expiring Passports for up to 1 Year
During Upgrade of Philippine e-Passport System
(Riyadh, 22 January 2015) – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh wishes to inform the Filipino community in Saudi Arabia that in view of the systems transition and upgrade of the current Philippine e-Passport System, the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila is experiencing operational disruptions resulting to the delay in the printing and release of e-Passports to applicants.
To address these transitional issues and ensure uninterrupted service to the Filipino community in Saudi Arabia, the Embassy will implement the following measures effective Monday, 23 February 2015 :
- Revalidate expired Philippine passports, including e-Passports, with a validity of (one) 1 year; and
- Extend the validity of expiring passports, including e-Passports, for a period of one (1) year.
Revalidation or extension will provided only under the following conditions:
- Applicants have an urgent and legitimate need to travel;
- The extension or revalidation is based on the premise that the passport whose renewal is applied/to be applied for at the Embassy may not be available for release on time for the applicant’s scheduled date of travel; and
- Applicants submit a signed request for extension or revalidation.
The said revalidation and extension of passports is only a temporary measure during this transition and upgrading period. (END)