Guidelines for ePassport Validity Extension
(Riyadh, 17 August 2016) – The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia informs the Filipino community and other concerned persons of the following conditions for the extension of validity of ePassports being implemented by the Embassy since January 2016:
- Death in the family
- Medical or legal emergency
- A Filipino citizen who is a permanent resident of a foreign country who is returning to said foreign country
The relevant supporting documents to be submitted in relation to Numbers 1 and 2 are:
- Death Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Subpoena or Notice of Hearing
- Valid Employment Contract processed by the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) or the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO);
- Flight Details/Plane Ticket.
An application for a new e-Passport has to be filed simultaneously with the application for passport validity extension. The release of the new passport will either be at the place of application or at the Embassy/Consulate nearest the applicant’s place of destination.
Expired passports cannot be extended. Extension may only be given to passport which are expiring. Extension is granted only when the issuance of a Passport or Travel Document is not possible.
Machine Readable Ready Passports (MRRP/Green) and Machine Readable Passports (MRP) WILL NOT be extended or revalidated.
Fee for extension of passport is SAR 80.00.
Duly-accomplished e-Passport Validity Extension Form is downloadable from the Embassy’s official website at: riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph