Philippine Embassy Successfully Conducts 23rd Overseas
Voting Outreach in Dhahran Eastern Province
on 27 – 28 October 2017
(Riyadh, 30 October 2017) - The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh successfully conducted its 23rd Overseas Voting (OV) Registration Outreach for 2017 on 27 – 28 October 2017 at the Double Tree Hotel in Dhahran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The OV team was led by Ms. Gloria Jean Castaño - Zafra, and included Ms. Faheemah K. Ayo-Tomawis, Mr. Ariel M. Duqueza and Mr. Edgar V. Dizon.
The two-day registration outreach was conducted in parallel with the Embassy-on-Wheels Consular Outreach headed by Third Secretary and Vice Consul Noel L. Rodriguez. The OV Team was able to register:
- 107 new Registrations;
- 193 Certifications;
- 9 Reactivations;
- 4 Transfer of Records from Another Foreign Service Post;
- 1 Transfers within the Same Jurisdiction; and
- 2 Corrections of Records.
The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh continues to encourage Filipinos based in Riyadh and other regions in Saudi Arabia under its jurisdiction to register as Overseas Voters for the 2019 Elections until 30 September 2018 at the following venues:
- Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, Sunday to Thursday – 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Mobile Overseas Voter Registrations on scheduled Embassy-on-Wheels.
The remaining schedule of Overseas Voting Mobile Registrations for the 4th Quarter of 2017 will be held at the following venues:
- Intercontinental Hotel, Jubail. on 10 – 11 November 2017, for applicants based in Jubail and Al Khafji;
- 2nd Industrial City in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 18 November 2017;
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Dhahran on 20 – 23 November 2017 for the 4-day Special OV Mobile Registration;
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Dhahran on 24 – 25 November 2017;
- Golden Tulip Hotel, Hail on 8-9 December 2017;
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Dhahran on 11 - 14 December 2017 for the 4-day Special OV Mobile Registration; and
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Dhahran on 15 – 16 December 2017. (END)